Friday, September 16 – Saturday, September 17, 2022
Volunteer State Community College
2022 Tennessee Communication Association Conference Program
Submission Deadline for Proposals 11:59 PM EDT Friday, July 29, 2022
Hilton Garden Inn Gallatin, TN
1460 Tulip Polar Drive, Gallatin, TN 37066
Momentous Moments: Growth through Uncertainty
We have persevered through challenges these past couple of years. This year’s theme is aimed at celebrating the moments where we have grown when we did not where we were heading. When submitting ideas for proposals, please consider sharing the accomplishments and successes you have experienced as a scholar and/or practitioner.
We encourage scholars and practitioners from Tennessee and nearby states/areas to submit proposals to the conference. Everyone is welcome!
PAPERS, PANELS, and GIFTS Submissions
Please complete the form to submit a paper, panel, or GIFTS Session:
We are adding two new interest groups to the conference program.
- Race and Gender
- Great Ideas for Teaching Students (GIFTS).
- We seek GIFTS proposals that relate to the basic communication course (Fundamentals of Communication, Public Speaking).
- All GIFTS ideas must
- Be original to the presenter,
- Not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work
- Have been implemented in the classroom.
- Presenters should bring printed handouts with an explanation of the GIFTS activity to the conference/presentation.
- The GIFTS idea should be able to be explained in 8 minutes or less.
We seek to be inclusive of all groups and hope that you submit a proposal to our conference.
Please enter your students’ films in the eighth Tennessee Communication Association Short Film Contest and Showcase by 11:59 PM EDT Friday, July 29, 2022.
Presently the categories are:
- Commercials and PSAs that are 30 – 60-seconds
- Documentaries that are 10-minutes or less
- Short films that are 10-minutes or less
- Podcasts that are 5 minutes or less
- Only YouTube links and/or video files encoded H.264 MP4 format will be accepted.
- Include a word document with the following:
- A title for each submission.
- A short synopsis,
- Identify the Category for the submission
- Identify the college or university of the submission
- The contact information (email address, and a phone number) of the director and additional production personnel
- Label the document file with the same name as your video file/title.
- Submit video file and word document using WeTransfer (https://www.wetransfer.com). When you get to WeTransfer, email the submission to email@example.com.
It is free to enter.
All directors of the films in the showcase will be given a certificate of participation and winners will be given a certificate and cash reward.
TCA prides itself for its support of student scholarship. Please pass this invite along to your students. Remember there are top student paper awards for undergraduate and graduate students. Please notate all student submissions as Undergraduate or Graduate student on the cover page.
Please upload student paper(s) here: : https://forms.gle/CY2BmaC4H2Tws5rN9
You will need to sign in with a Google account to upload the student paper(s)
Please complete this form https://forms.gle/GfyTWAYALACsjyBn8 to find out how to pay for your membership and conference registration fees online.
For additional information contact:
|Shaquille Marsh, Ph.D.|
Pellissippi State Community College
10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, TN 37933
|Ruth Livingston, Ph.D.|
Northeast State Community College
P.O. Box 246
Blountville, TN 37617