The Tennessee Communication Association is a professional organization comprised of members from institutions across the state which serves as the voice of communication scholars, faculty, and students in Tennessee.
We are affiliated with the National Communication Association.
TCA’s mission is to serve its membership in the following ways:
- Seek the improvement of communication education at all levels in Tennessee
- Encourage research in communication
- Foster community recognition of effective communication
- Host an annual meeting to share papers and ideas that present research and offer practical suggestions for teaching
- Publish newsletters to provide reports and disseminate information concerning all areas of communication scholarship and education
- Offer award incentives to encourage excellence in scholarship and teaching
- Provide its members a subscription to Communication Teacher: Ideas and Strategies for the Classroom
- Provide a forum for undergraduate and graduate student’s reports on works in progress