There are three hotels within a cluster; all 1.2 miles from Nashville State Community College:
1. Holiday Inn Express, 5612 Lenox Ave.
Contact: Ronnie Braxton (615) 353-0700.
Mr. Braxton has set aside 15 rooms at a group rate of $140.00 plus tax.
Reservations must be made no later than August 7, 2018, or else the rooms will revert to the standard cost.
2. Comfort Inn, 412 White Bridge Place.
Contact: (615) 356-0888. Kyle is reservations manager.
The venue will not offer a group rate since September is the “high season,” so make reservations early. Rate for a standard room is $135.00 plus tax.
3. Best Western Plus Belle Meade Inn, 5600 O’Brien Avenue.
Contact (615) 354-1711. Mr. Henry is the reservations manager.
Since the venue is small (50 rooms), it also will not offer a group rate, so make reservations early.
Senior and AAA rate is $134.99 plus tax for a 1-king, non-smoking room.
The Tennessee Communication Association’s Interpersonal and Small Group Interest Group invites submissions of papers and panel proposals for inclusion in the 2018 TCA Conference.
The 2018 Conference theme is Communicating Peace and Calm to a World in Crisis. All paper and/or panel proposals should be emailed to email@example.com .
Here are the guidelines:
Papers/Presentation must include the following:
- A title page with the name of the author and his or her complete contact information (including department affiliation, complete school address, email address, and telephone number). If it is a student submission, please indicate so on the title page.
- A 100-200 word abstract.
Panel proposals much include the following:
- A panel title.
- A 75 word description of the panel for the convention program.
- Names and information for all participants (including department affiliation, complete school address, email address, and telephone number for each participant).
- A rationale for the panel (500 words maximum) adequately justifying the significance of the proposed panel theme.
DEADLINE MAY 31, 2018
If you have any questions, please let me know
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
Teresa Collard, Ed.D.
Associate Professor of Communications
University of Tennessee at Martin
The call for graduate and undergraduate papers for the 2018 Tennessee Communication Association annual conference is now open.
Prizes will be awarded for top graduate and undergraduate papers. Papers are award committee reviewed. All methodologies welcome. Student friendly conference.
Please send all papers, panels, and poster ideas to Patrick Ritchie.
Deadline for faculty poster/papers/panels submission to chairs; student paper submissions to Patrick Richey; and student film submissions to Matthew Lawson: May 31, 2018.
Please enter your students’ films in the fourth annual Tennessee Communication Association Short Film Contest and Showcase. It is free to enter and there are cash prizes for the winners.
The categories are:
- Commercials that are 30 – 60-seconds
- Documentaries that are 10-minutes or less
- Short films that are 10-minutes or less
Include a MS Word document with a short synopsis, category, college or university, and a title for each submission. Also include contact information including the director and additional production personnel, an email address, and a phone number. Label the document file with the same name as your video file/title.
Submit video file andMS Word document using WeTransfer (https://www.wetransfer.com). When you get to wetransfer, email the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The films will be screened and the films that are chosen for the Friday night film showcase will be entered in the contest. You will be notified if your film will be showcased. The winners will be announced on Saturday and will be awarded cash prizes. All of the directors of the films in the showcase will be given a certificate of participation.
The submission deadline for commercials, documentaries, and/or short films is June 1, 2017